Our Staff and Boards
Our staff and governing boards are dedicated to serving the residents of Charles E. Smith Life Communities and their families. Our services and programs are open to all in the community.
We take great pride in our daily efforts to accomplish our mission: to fulfill Jewish values by providing a continuum of quality services for seniors and their families and to affirm our commitment to the dignity of each individual.
Indeed, our core values permeate the nursing home and apartment residences, creating a warm, respectful campus environment. These values, with their Hebrew names, are:
- Tikkun Olam – "Repairing the World" through acts of kindness, compassion, and caring
- Tzedek – "Justice, Doing What is Right" through integrity, accountability, responsible stewardship, and generosity of spirit
- Limud – "Commitment to Growth & Learning" through quality, competence, personal and professional growth
- Derech Eretz – "Fulfilling our Mission" through service excellence, respect, and dignity
Our Boards of Directors
Joseph B. Hoffman serves as chair of Charles E. Smith Life Communities Board of Governors, 2015–2017.
You can learn more about our Board of Governors and Board of Directors.
We are here to answer questions and make your family member's stay with us a positive experience.
Please use our Directory to contact key staff throughout the campus of Charles E. Smith Life Communities.
The Senior Management Team of Charles E. Smith Life Communities:
- Bruce J. Lederman, President and CEO
- Warren R. Slavin, CEO Emeritus
- Deanna Enlow, Senior VP, Operations/COO
- Terri Tanner-Hill, Senior VP, Finance/CFO
- Beth Delucenay, VP, Planning and Business Development
- Lisa Schneider-Friedman, Interim VP, Development and Public Affairs
- Elisa Gil-Pires, MD, VP, Medical Affairs/Medical Director
- Tom Keefe, VP, Human Resources
- Ed Van Coutren, VP, Facilities Management