The mission of the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington is to provide quality care that respects Jewish values, particularly to those in greatest need. We are a local not-for-profit organization, and our doors are open to all in the community.
Charles E. Smith Life Communities, now in its 107th year, brings together six living options in the heart of Rockville, each with its own specialized services. Our history and experience are imbued with values that, while based in Jewish tradition, are truly universal: care and compassion, justice, growth and learning, and service excellence. Think of this website as your personal navigation system for discovering all that our campus offers.
Every day, over 1,100 older adults take advantage of:
- Independent living at Ring House and Revitz House
- Assisted living at Landow House
- Memory care assisted living at Cohen-Rosen House
- Long-term care at the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, in the Wasserman and Smith-Kogod Residences
- Rehabilitation and therapy services in the Post-Acute Care Center at the Hebrew Home
- Outpatient medical services at Hirsh Health Center
- In-home care through our private-duty home care agency, in partnership with Augustine Home Health Care
- Advocacy and temporary shelter to safeguard seniors from abuse through the ElderSAFE Center
A full-time, on-site medical staff contributes to our expertise in the field of aging. As a not-for-profit organization, we appreciate the steadfast philanthropic support of the local community as we deliver innovative and compassionate services for older adults of all faiths, guided by Jewish values at our core. Our services and programs are open to all in the community.
Here, everything you need is everywhere around you. We invite you to learn more about us.
Bruce J. Lederman, JD
If you have questions about the organization, residences, services, or events, please contact us by phone or by email.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.