Our commitment to quality is paying off. The Hebrew Home, the oldest and largest component of Charles E. Smith Life Communities, has earned:
- 94% "would-recommend" rating, compared to a 79%-State average
- 15th among 205 facilities in State of Maryland Pay for Performance quality measures — up from 24th in 2012 and 36th in 2011.
We are open to all in the community. If you are coming from the hospital, we'll work closely with the discharge planner to coordinate your arrival and care. An admissions counselor is always on call, seven days a week. Please call 301.770.8476.
- Our on-site, on-staff full-time physicians are important members of the care team.
- The entire medical team treats residents with sensitivity and affection, and create a sense of community—a neighborhood—on each floor of our Wasserman and Smith-Kogod Residences as they deliver 24-hour care.
- Our social workers help residents and their families feel at ease.
- Kosher meals accommodate special diets and are served "home-style".
- Recreation therapy programs provide choices that enrich the creative spirit and stimulate the intellect.
- Religious services and spiritual care are available to Jewish and non-Jewish residents alike and respect the needs of all faiths. Jewish values, with a focus on respect and compassion, shape our approach to patient-centered care.
- Take advantage of our many on-site amenities: library, beauty salon, dental clinics, podiatry care, banking services, Wi-Fi access, personal laundry service, and more.
- Volunteers lend a helpful hand and welcome company.
Brochure & Welcome Guide
We have provided a Table-Top Concierge for Long-term Care that describes in detail our services, amenities, and more.
We appreciate your patience during the moments required for this document to download.