The mission of the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington is to provide quality care that respects Jewish values, particularly to those in greatest need. We are a local not-for-profit organization, and our doors are open to all in the community.
Get to Know Us
We offer expert rehabilitation and compassionate long-term care, backed by full-time, on-staff, on-site physicians. Our focus: respecting individual dignity and choices.
- Feel the Warmth - on Campus
- Take a Virtual Tour
- Post-Acute Care Center
- Long-Term Care
- Admissions Information
- Clinical Pastoral EducationAccredited program for clergy, seminarians, laypersons—all faiths. Application»
- Meet our Residents
- Lessons of 100 Lifetimes, an award-winning publication
- Community Minyan
2nd Thursday of each month
3:30–4:15 p.m. Feldman Family Synagogue, Wasserman Residence.
Join residents, families, and community members in a monthly religious service. Refreshments.
- Contact Us
It’s easy to be part of our community of caring while supporting Charles E. Smith Life Communities. Join us at one of our upcoming events.
- Sept. 18–Home Run 10K, 5K, 1 Mile & Fun Run - race results
- Sept. 25–Bagel Brunch9:30–11:30 a.m., Bord Social Hall, Wasserman Residence.
Featuring Elisa Gil-Pires, MD. Panel moderated by Bruce Lederman. Topic: Make the Most of Your Doctor Visit.
- Oct. 27–Clergy Seminar
11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Rabbi James Michaels hosts local clergy for a luncheon seminar. Topic: Comforting Those with Chronic Illness. Details to follow.
- Visit our Events Page